When Asking “What if….?” Ends Badly Whatever possessed me to ask: “What if I changed the theme of my blog?” If I had known that doing so would change EVERYTHING, I would never have clicked the “apply” button! Had there been a choice to “restore,” I would have done some fun art instead of spending the past three infuriating hours trying to fix everything here. At this point, though, I don’t care anymore. It is what it NOW is. Grrrr…….
Nearly three years have passed since I last wrote a blog post. Setting up this new blog, I never expected to encounter such a seemingly insurmountable obstacle right off the bat. . . naming the blog. Having tried nearly 28 creative names and finding them all unavailable, this was the first one to stick. So, this is it, and here it goes . . . The arts have always been a part of my life, thanks mostly to my father who insisted that I play the violin in elementary school and encouraged me to always give school projects some sort of artistic flair. I guess a part of that mentorship was due to his background in music and art. As a gifted artist, sculptor, and industrial designer, he was an amazing role model and our house always had a plethora of varied art supplies. My journey towards art, however, has been a delayed one. Having abandoned my music major in college, I turned to education. The last couple of years of my 35-year career in public education, I discovered jewe...
Calm in the Storm In these weird and too often stressful times, it is vital to have a means of grounding and calming oneself. My ability to use those tools was sorely tested yesterday when we had a pest control service at our house dealing with rats in the crawlspace, tree ants all over the front siding and in the house walls of my art room, and fungus on the floor joists. Oh, the joys and financial burdens of home ownership. Besides practicing gratitude that I have a house and doing some deep breathing, art came to my rescue. . . again. I just put on some calming music and played with watercolors and pens. Intuitive. No goal or planned vision in mind. Just play. First task was to learn which of the watercolors I have are transparent. I researched and made swatches and inserts for my paint palettes. Then armed with new knowledge and a passion for intuitive art, I painted random swirlies and stripes.then came play with Micron and Posca pens. Great therapy! I painted lots of backgro...
Comments
Post a Comment